I just lost half a day to a frustrating bug in NW.js and wanted to put the solution out into the interwebs. I was developing an app on OSX, we’ll call it "Neat App" for this post, and running it from the commandline:
Suddenly it stopped working.
I’d run this command, the nwjs process would start, the nwjs helper process would start, but then … nothing. No window, no error logs, no crash. It would just hang forever. I tried deleting every cache I could find to no avail. Finally I did a brute force search for "Neat App" on my filesystem:
/Users/32bits/Library/Application\ Support/Neat\ App /Users/32bits/Library/Caches/Neat\ App
I deleted these two folders and my app started working normally again. Apparently
something in these folders, keyed on the app name in the
manifest.json, can become corrupted.